The Flow Cytometry Facility instruments are capable of performing BSL-1 through BSL-3 live cell sorting, phenotypic acquisition, DNA cell cycle analysis, and intracellular marker analysis. Analytical and sorting capabilities up to 18 simultaneous parameters enable researchers to define subpopulations based on cell surface morphology as well as size and complexity. We have three cell sorters (2 BD FACS Arias and 1 BD Influx) that are operated by facility staff. We have four cell analyzers (2 BD LSRII, 1 BD Fortessa and 1 Luminex Muse) available 24/7 for trained users. Instruments are located in the RP105, MSRBII, and GHRB (RBL at Duke).
Download a poster here
Announcements and Upcoming Events
- Research Triangle Cytometry Association Meeting:
- "High Quality Multicolor Flow Cytometry: Seeing the Whole Picture through Spectrum Cytometry"; Christopher Fleming, PhD, Technical Application Specialist, Cytek Biosciences
- Friday, January 17, 2020, 9-11 a.m.
- University of North Carolina, Pagano Conference Room, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, 450 West Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27599
- Check out our Fall 2019 Newsletter, with articles on the "magic" behind the sort stream Part 2, FlowJo Plugins and the capability to run BSL2-Enhanced samples on the L02 and M01.
- Director: Derek Cain, PhD
- Flow Engineers: Steven Slater ASCP(SCYM) and Evan Trudeau ASCP(SCYM)
- Research Technicians: Patti McDermott ASCP(SCYM) and Aria Arus-Altuz
- Scientific Advisors: Gregory Sempowski, PhD and M. Anthony Moody, MD