The Flow Cytometry Facility instruments are capable of performing BSL-1 through BSL-3 live cell sorting, phenotypic acquisition, DNA cell cycle analysis, and intracellular marker analysis. Analytical and sorting capabilities up to 18 simultaneous parameters enable researchers to define subpopulations based on cell surface morphology as well as size and complexity. We have three cell sorters (2 BD FACS Arias and 1 BD Influx) that are operated by facility staff. We have four cell analyzers (2 BD LSRII, 1 BD Fortessa and 1 Luminex Muse) available 24/7 for trained users. Instruments are located in the RP105, MSRBII, and GHRB (RBL at Duke).
Download a poster here
In accordance with Duke's recent policy of curtailed research in response to COVID-19, we are shutting down most cytometry services offered by the DHVI Flow Facility. Here is our current policy:
- All instrument calendars will be blacked out, and all current reservations on the calendar will be cancelled.
- For critical studies, we will provide analysis and sorting services for studies that have received exemption from a dean. To schedule cytometry instrumentation for an exempt study, please call (919)684-4130 or email email@example.com.
- We will not offer independent user training for new users during the shutdown.
- FlowJo licenses: We are still providing services related to FlowJo licenses:
- For new licenses, visit https://shared-resources.dhvi.duke.edu/dhvi-core-facilities/dhvi-flow-cytometry/instruments-services/duke-flowjo-site-license
- To move your license from your work computer to your home computer, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your home computer's hardware address to switch it over (See link above for instructions on finding your hardware address).
1. Intro to FlowJo Webinar: Our local FlowJo Application Scientist, Christian Aguilera-Sandova, hosted this webinar at 1 p.m. EDT on April 2.
- Watch the recorded webinar here: https://flowjo.wistia.com/medias/6nndeau9op
- Director: Derek Cain, PhD
- Flow Engineers: Steven Slater ASCP(SCYM) and Evan Trudeau ASCP(SCYM)
- Research Technicians: Patti McDermott ASCP(SCYM) and Aria Arus-Altuz
- Scientific Advisors: Gregory Sempowski, PhD and M. Anthony Moody, MD